At HighCom Armor, we manufacture a full line of military and law enforcement grade Level IIIA, Special Threat, Level III, and Level IV rifle armor protective plates. Our hard armor inserts are designed, developed, and manufactured using state-of-the-art processes and equipment to ensure quality and performance when deployed by operators throughout numerous tactical and urban situations. One of our most popular rifle armor solutions is the Guardian AR1000™ Level III+ Steel Rifle Armor Plate.
KEY ADVANTAGES OF AR1000
- NIJ 0101.06 Certified Compliant – The NIJ 0101.06 standard is currently the most rigorous body armor testing standard that has worldwide recognition. For hard armor to become NIJ 0101.06 certified and participate in NIJ CTP (Compliant Testing Program) requires that samples be tested in a conditioned state. The National Institutes of Justice performs intense testing in defining the thickness and the ability to stop projectiles of various increasing calibers as well as non-projectile attacks. Giving the end-user peace of mind knowing that the armor they are wearing has been thoroughly tested.
- DEA Compliant Multi-Hit Special Threat Edge Placement With 2″ Triangle Pattern – The DEA testing protocol focuses on real-world threats and multi-hit testing in edge and close proximity to provide that additional layer of guarantee in the performance of a product’s capabilities. The AR1000 stops the following DEA Compliant threats; M80 ball, M43 MSC PS, SS109/M855, .223 REM
- Lightweight – The AR1000 is also 20% lighter than competitive models on the market today. Weighs 1-2 lb lighter than the competition at 6 lbs (10” x 12”).
- 10-Year Warranty – Our best in industry warranty is backed by extensive research and development, ongoing production of lot testing of materials and end products to guarantee performance. Our products are designed, manufactured and re-tested time and time again at and above published standards. As a result, we are one of the only companies offering a full ten-year warranty on rifle armor because we trust our armor beyond the industry five years. Our unparalleled 10-year warranty is an irrefutable sign that we know just how good our products are; and that we are more than ready to put our money and reputation on the line to demonstrate our full confidence behind each and every one of them. The purpose of our warranty is to give our customers the confidence that the armor they are wearing will protect them.
- Exceeds Industry Standards – In addition to our NIJ compliance certification, we have successfully completed DEA special threat compliance testing as well as special threat testing for the 5.56 x 45 M193 AP Round. This round is extremely aggressive towards steel and typically penetrates the majority of hardened mil standard steels on the market today.
- Economical Solution – As a manufacturer, we are able to offer competitive pricing while providing a product that exceeds industry standards. Although ceramic and various composite materials provide substantial weight savings while providing advanced levels of protection, it is extremely difficult to find the value comparable to steel plates for budget-conscious agencies.
- Anti-Spall Coating – We coat our steel plates with military-grade Rhino Extreme 11-50 anti-spall coating to dramatically reduce spall fragments from ballistic impact. Operators can choose the thickness of the anti-spall liner ranging from 20 mil to 80 mil. Additionally, the plate can be inserted in our Guardian Rifle Insert Spall Sleeve for added frag protection.
- Reputable Armor Company – HighCom Armor is a name recognized within the defense and law enforcement community as a trusted and valuable resource for high quality and cost-effective protective systems. The company’s engineering and operation teams have designed and commercialized numerous solutions according to NIJ and MIL-SPEC body armor standards and testing protocols. Thousands of customers from the United States Military and Law Enforcement to governments and agencies around the globe have come to depend on HighCom Armor’s advanced ballistic armor manufacturing processes.
Want to learn more?
For more information about HighCom Armor or Guardian AR1000 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.