At HighCom Armor we design, develop, test, manufacturer, and distribute body armor and personal protective equipment including more than two dozen NIJ compliant hard and soft armor products. For the past decade, we have been able to provide some of the largest soft armor manufacturers with private label/OEM hard armor solutions for end use by military and law enforcement agencies globally because of our reputation for innovative technology, exceptional customer service and superior quality performance.
HighCom Armor designs, manufactures and distributes a unique range of security products and personal protective gear, including NIJ 0101.06 certified hard armor products and NIJ 2005 Interim compliant body armor solutions. For the past decade, HighCom Armor has been able to provide some of the largest soft armor manufacturers with private label/OEM hard armor solutions for end use by military and law enforcement agencies globally because of our reputation for innovative technology, exceptional customer service and superior quality performance.
"Our mission is to ensure that those who protect us return home safely. We are honored to have saved countless lives, by supplying body armor and personal protective equipment (PPE) to America’s federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies and military branches and first responders.” Mike Bundy, HighCom Armor President & CEO
Established in 1997, HighCom Armor is recognized within the body armor industry as a trusted and valuable resource for high-quality and cost-effective NIJ-certified armor solutions. Located in Columbus, Ohio, our manufacturing and distribution facility and R&D and ballistic laboratory allow us to effectively manage all critical aspects of design, production and supply of our products.
HighCom Armor is considered by the U.S. Government and its allied forces to be a key supplier of high-performing hard armor solutions, and played a major role in the deployment of hundreds of thousands of pieces of hard armor to U.S. troops and allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Compliance with the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of the Treasury and all other governmental agencies’ regulations is our highest priority.
As an internationally diversified company, we work with the largest manufacturers and distributors in the world through our OEM and private-label program. Many of these major defense and law enforcement supply companies rely on HighCom to design, develop, test and manufacture armor solutions under subcontract agreements. One of the most important aspects of our business philosophy is an unparalleled commitment to quality control. HighCom is BA 9000 and ISO 9001:2008 certified organization, providing only the highest quality products to protect the lives of the men and women who proudly serve our country both locally and across the world.
We are in business for one simple reason - to save lives and protect property from bullets and bombs. For nearly two decades, HighCom Armor has helped to save countless lives by supplying critical security products and personal protective equipment (PPE) to America’s federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies and military branches.
At HighCom Armor, our core belief stresses a dedication to affordable quality and performance, exceptional customer service, and innovative technology. We are constantly investing effort and focus into developing the highest-quality personal protective equipment on the market. Our performance standards continue to exceed industry standards, as well as our own internal quality objectives to ensure an ongoing output of highly effective PPE. This is why today HighCom Armor is used as a benchmark for many others within the industry to match pricing and product performance. Since our founding we have never had a recall or been removed from the NIJ CPL list like many others products and models continuously are. We also offer our customers a full refund if for any reason they are unhappy with their purchase.
We stand behind our armor and are proud to say that our products are manufactured in the United States. We are constantly striving to produce armor solutions that far exceed our customer’s expectations. We know lives depend on our commitment to excellence which is why we are constantly developing innovative armor solutions.
We recognize we cannot be all things to all customers and instead we try to focus on the most important aspects of personal protective equipment supply.
- We are one of the best at providing cost effective quality armor products
- We are exceeding the current standards required by federal, state, and local agencies while focusing on product performance for the long term
- We satisfy every single customer who does business with us by ensuring an on time delivery and under budget solution
- Most importantly, we are constantly evolving our business processes to ensure not only the best possible customer service but the best possible in spec solutions to each and every one of our customers.
While our customers have other options in the marketplace, there are key considerations one must consider when procuring armor products and we stress this to anyone who we work with:
- Does your supplier have NIJ certifications? If yes, are they still valid and listed on the NIJ active certifications?
- Is your supplier a manufacturer or a distributor?
- What are the additional internal measures for testing and quality control they use before, during, and after production of their protective products?
- Does the manufacturer of your worn protective products have liability insurance to help protect you the operator? You can view our insurance policy here.
Have questions about our products? Contact us here!
- Founded in February 1997 in San Francisco, California
- Owned and operated design and manufacturing company in USA
- NIJ compliance/certifications: including dozens of NIJ 0101.04 (2005 IR), NIJ 0101,06, NIJ 0106.01, NIJ 0108.01, and 0115.01 solutions
- Six rifle armor models and two soft armor models that are fully DEA compliant for special threats and testing protocol
- HighCom Armor's warranty on rifle armor NIJ 0101.06 certified is 10 years
- $10,000,000 of product liability insurance coverage
- First company in the world to achieve BA 9000 certification (July 2014)
- ISO 9001:2015 certified organization and BA 9000:2016 certified compliant
- High Capacity output of more than 20,000 pieces of armor per month
- DOD contracts and distribution of close to 1,000,000 pieces of ballistic armor over the past decade.
- HighCom Armor has never had a failure, a penetration, or a recall of our armor
- Over 3000 SKUs ranging in color, size, cut, shape, curvature, and characteristics for Law Enforcement, Military and Civilian uses
- HighCom Armor currently manages distribution through 90+ OEM, Resellers throughout the world
- Law Enforcement, Fire and Rescue, and Security contracts with hundreds of federal, state, and local agencies throughout the United States
- GSA Contract currently in second five year cycle through 2020
- HighCom Armor is currently capable of testing armor products to standards including Mil-STD-662F V50, NATO STANAG 2920 FSP Testing, NATO STANAG 4569 Level 1-3, UL 752, NIJ 0101.04, NIJ 0101.06, NIJ 0106.01, NIJ 0108.01 and HOSDB
The following is a listing of operational numbers/codes used for contracting with our clients. For copies of records related to these items please contact HighCom today.
- HighCom Armor Federal TIN or EIN - 94-3266279
- HighCom Armor DUNS - 119881597
- HighCom Armor GSA Contract # - GS-07F-9247S
- HighCom Armor Cage Code - 1VHQ3
- HighCom Armor ISO Certification # - FS 582097
IN-HOUSE BALLISTICS LABORATORY
HighCom Armor has a state-of-the-art ballistic testing laboratory on-site at our R&D center and manufacturing plant in Columbus, Ohio, which is used to support development and quality-control of our soft body armor, helmets, shields, armor inserts and tactical armor systems. Long before we release any new products into production or provide end-use goods to our customers, we perform rigorous tests to guarantee our armor products are 100 percent effective and reliable against the threats each is rated for. Our Research and Performance database of materials goes back many years, and we leverage the extensive history and experience of our partners throughout our supply chain to drive forward with cost-effective, high-performing quality armor solutions.
HighCom Armor’s ballistic lab can perform the majority of the tests that are conducted at certified ballistic labs around the world, including all labs currently approved under NIJ for external testing certification. Our lab is currently equipped to shoot ammunition from .22 caliber up to .50 caliber. HighCom Armor typically performs tests for V50 and V0. V50 is a statistical ballistic test at the velocity at which 50 percent of shots are stopped by the armor. V0 is a ballistic test based on a specific projectile at a given velocity, and has a 100 percent probability of stopping the projectile or fragments.
HighCom Armor is currently capable of testing armor products to standards including Mil-STD-662F V50, NATO STANAG 2920 FSP Testing, NATO STANAG 4569 Level 1-3, UL 752, NIJ 0101.04, NIJ 0101.06, NIJ 0106.01, NIJ 0108.01 and HOSDB.
Our R&D efforts go far beyond a ballistic laboratory. Throughout our rich history of innovative armor design and manufacturing processes, we have been continuously working on the next generation of advanced armor solutions and will continue to do so for years to come.
ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFIED
HighCom Armor takes quality very seriously. And in keeping with our commitment to providing the best quality products and customer experience, we’ve effectively designed and implemented a Quality Management System that is ISO 9001:2015 certified and has been for nearly eight years.
Established in 2005 and certified in 2006, HighCom Armor's QMS is the ultimate stamp of approval and recognition by the International Organization of Standards, showing our full commitment to quality management.
The ISO set of standards are designed to help us ensure we are meeting our stakeholders’ standards, as well as the statutory and regulatory requirements related to our products and industry. In becoming ISO certified, HighCom Armor has proven to an independent third-party auditor that we are not only are meeting these requirements, but continually improving our processes to ensure future improvement of service and product compliance.
By implementing ISO quality management principles, HighCom Armor effectively creates a more efficient operation, saving time and money for our customers, increasing our customers’ overall satisfaction, improving employee motivation and awareness, and providing a more effective product solution to our end users.
HighCom Armor Solutions, Inc.
ISO 9001: 2008 Certified Organization
Registrar: Perry John Registrars
Certificate #: C2014-01223
Scope: Design, Development, Testing, Manufacturing, Distribution of Body Armor & Personal Protective Equipment
BA 9000:2016 CERTIFIED
HighCom Armor is extremely proud to be the first company in the world to achieve BA 9000 certification, a new National Institute of Justice (NIJ) body armor quality management standard.
We understand that recognition and acceptance of NIJ standards has grown worldwide, making NIJ standard certification the performance benchmark for ballistic-resistant body armor. Which is why each piece of equipment that is manufactured and distributed by HighCom receives thorough quality inspections through our ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System.
Our new certification the BA 9000 is an extension of ISO 9001 and is specific to ballistics-resistant body armor manufacturing and testing. While this standard is voluntary, HighCom Armor believes this additional certification is critical. It ensures that manufacturers provide procedures for communicating with CTP, including unique identification for each piece of the body armor to ensure accountability; that work areas are managed in order to reduce negative effects on body armor; and that product testing must be completed at CTP approved labs, which need to be ISO 17025 compliant.
"The purpose of a Body Armor Quality Management System is to provide additional confidence that manufacturers are managing body armor processes appropriately to better meet the needs of law enforcement officers and the requirements of the NIJ CTP. Certification to a standard such as BA 9000 is an indicator of a quality product. This is a great advantage in an industry where quality could be the difference between life and death,” stated Patrick Lowry of Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc.
At HighCom Armor quality is extremely important to us and that is why we are continuously improving our processes and procedures along with resources to ensure higher performing and cost effective solutions for the marketplace. This is also the main reason why we have sought to become BA 9000 certified.