We are committed to providing exceptional customer service. We offer a no-hassle return and replace or money-back guarantee return on all of our products. We know how critical safety and security is to the men and women who depend on our products and we break through any obstacle that stands in the way of protecting them. Below we have outlined everything you need to know about our company’s policies.
Here at HighCom Armor, we take quality very seriously during the life cycle of the product. We know that choosing body armor for your organization is not something to be taken lightly. It may literally be a life or death decision and should be made after considerable research. Therefore, we work tirelessly to maintain our ISO 9001:2015, BA 9000:2016 internal quality procedures. While it is not mandatory for any manufacturer to participate in the NIJ CTP or have an Internal Quality Management System in place; we believe this sets us apart from most manufacturers in the industry. You can rest assured when making a purchase of an NIJ CPL (Compliant Product Listed) model that the manufacturer has undergone a very rigorous test protocol to achieve this distinguished mark.
The following requirements are provided by NIJ to ensure that the following information is included on the label for NIJ CPL Compliant products:
- Supplier or listed company name
- Model designation as named in the NIJ Notice of Compliance
- Size (if custom fitted, provision must be made for the name of the individual for whom it is made)
- Serial number
- Lot number
- Location of manufacture
- Date of manufacture
- Date of issue (to be filled in when issued to the end user)
- The declared warranty period for ballistic performance of the model
- Rated level of protection and reference to this edition of the standard (e.g., Type II in accordance with NIJ Standard 0101.06)
- Proper orientation of the ballistic panel in the carrier clearly identified to indicate strike face or body side/wear face
- Recommended care instructions for ballistic panel(s) or plate(s)
For Levels IIA, II and IIIA armor, a warning in type at least twice the size of the rest of the type on the label, exclusive of the font size of the listed company name, stating that the armor is not intended to protect the wearer from rifle fire and, if applicable, that the armor is not intended to protect the wearer from sharp-edged or pointed instruments. Note: Printing color changes are acceptable but cannot be substituted for the type size requirement.
Body Armor is a critical component for any operator’s personal protective equipment and your reliance on it performing as rated every time it is deployed is why HighCom Armor takes great care to ensure that it will. We take the quality of our products very seriously and we want every single customer to be 100% satisfied with not only the look and feel but most importantly its long term performance. We also work closely with our research and development team to continuously improve on our already outstanding designs.
If you have purchased a HighCom product, either directly or through one of our authorized distributors/partners, then please register your products on our website here.
- Guardian 0101.04 (2005IR): 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Guardian NIJ 0101.06: 10 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Guardian Independently Tested: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Striker Helmets: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Trooper Soft Armor: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Trooper External Carriers: 2 years material and workmanship
- Bellfire Shields: 5 years ballistic performance and 2 years exterior cover
- Defender CAS: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Stingray Blankets: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- Scorpion Pouches: 1-year material and workmanship
At HighCom we utilize the latest technology and advanced engineering to provide flexible and lightweight, soft armor solutions. Our Trooper Soft Armor™ Panels start with the finest materials available and are manufactured at our plant in Columbus, Ohio. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible armor solutions with a focus on quality through material science and process control. We believe the best way to guarantee body armor fits properly is to have it custom fitted. When ballistic gear fits the right way, it provides the officer with excellent protection and comfort.
Please note that all purchase orders for concealable or custom size armor must include the following before we will proceed with production and delivery of armor to the end user;
- The purchase order from the customer stating the models and accessories required per officer name referenced on the orders.
- Trooper SA Measurement Form completed with the officer’s name in addition to the agency name.
- Panel tracings must only be provided when in accordance with HighCom SA WI 7.1 SA panel tracing work instructions.
- 3rd party external carriers, when required by the agency to be used in conjunction with HighCom soft armor panels or combination of soft armor panels and carrier, must be sent to HighCom with each individual panel set ordered.
- Tracking number notice sent via email to email@example.com of any and all customer supplied tracings and/or 3rd party products to ensure proper traceability and reference to open/in process purchase orders.
NOTE 1: If the agency intends to use an external carrier in combination with HighCom soft armor concealable panels we strongly encourage them to use a HighCom external carrier model supplied by HighCom.
NOTE 2: If the agency intends to use an external 3rd party carrier or product in combination with HighCom soft armor concealable panels we are not guaranteeing fit to 3rd party products as our design and shape is unique and proprietary to HighCom.
NOTE 3: Any custom size armor or package should be shown to the agency before placing an order, so they see the physical product and characteristics including thickness, size, cut, shape, etc. Without this step, the agency will not have a realistic expectation of what our armor package looks and feels like and may result in unnecessary returns and reworks.
SIX STEPS TO COMFORTABLY FITTING BODY ARMOR
- Body armor should be fitted with enough room for movement without being too loose or too tight.
- When being fitted wear your complete uniform
- Be comfortable, do not sit or stand artificially erect while being measured.
- Armor vest should not be too long or too short – a vest that is too long can interfere with the duty belt, while one that is too short does not offer enough coverage.
- Inner panels should not overlap – wearing ballistic panels too close together can cause damage and may contribute to restriction of movement.
- Straps on armor vests should be secure enough to avoid unwanted movement, but should not be too tightly strapped. If straps begin to ripple or buckle, they are too tight. When this happens, the vest can sit too high making the midsection of the body vulnerable. To avoid this, it is suggested to strap it enough so a pull is felt. When the straps are adjusted correctly, it avoids unnecessary wear and tear on the outer carrier, as well as the inner ballistic panels.
We ship all products within 3-5 business days and larger orders, out of stock items, and custom built products may take 30-90 days depending on specifics of order. Contact us to find out more.
HighCom Armor has a 30-day return or replacement policy. Refunds will be applied to original credit card used at the time of purchase. There are no refunds or exchanges on build-to-order or custom products. Returns will only be accepted if the item is unused, in its original condition and its original packaging. Please allow 5-10 business days from the time the item is received to process a refund. Postage will only be provided on returns due to defective merchandise or an error in shipping. Postage will not be provided on returns due to personal dislikes or sizing problems. All custom sizing and configurations are final and no returns are accepted. Please do not hesitate to contact us ahead of ordering to work out specifics on your requirements for the finished solution to ensure we get you what you want.
All orders are backed by our GUARANTEED SATISFACTION. Within 30 days after receiving your product, if for any reason you want to return your HighCom product you can do so by following the below instructions;
- Submit a return request via our contact form below.
- Provide your order number, contact details, provide a detailed reason for the return in the “Comment” field.
- Our Customer Support team will review the request & contact you with your return number (RMA#) and instructions on where to send the product.
Upon receipt and review of the product you will be issued a refund within 5-10 business days.